Saturday, October 2, 2010

Style Saturday: I Heart Hats

A few years ago, after working late at a magazine in Boston, I hovered in the doorway of my boss's office to say good night.  Unfortunately, I scared the crap out of her.

"Jesus Christ!" she gasped.  "You look like broccoli."

She had a point.  I was wearing this hat.


It's come to my attention, recently, that I have a thing for hats.  Along with broccoli hats, I am fond of:

Boyish hats . . .



Bohemian hats . . .

The flower is real, a gardenia from Om Mama. 

Championship hats . . .

I went home and cried after this photo was taken.  It was my first official night of Boston Marathon training: 9 miles, up Heartbreak Hill to Kenmore Square, in sub-zero temperatures, and I knew it was only going to get worse.  My hair was partially frozen beneath my 2004 Sox hat.

En route to the gym. 

While not wearing a Patriots hat, per say (of course I need to represent all 3 of my teams), this photo was taken at Gillette Stadium with my marathon training partner, Cara, in October 2009.  Yes, really . . . October, and yes, that's snow.

Fedora hats . . .

On Vinita (left), Livity.  Me: Billabong.


And, the newest addition: Ear-flappy hats . . .

Purchased at the first Ibex store, Newbury Street, Boston.

I'm not sure why I dig hats so much.  It might be an unhealthy obsession, or a creative form of self-expression.  (Thoughts, om guys and gals?)  For now, I'll chalk it up to a harmless vice to protect me from the elements this fall and winter.  Hats off to October & happy weekend, all!

5 comments:

jbvoss said...

Hiya!

Kinda new reader to the blog, but had to comment as I too love hats :)

Not everyone can pull them off but they are a great accessory and depending on which one I am wearing when, gives me attitude, solace, joy, confidence or peace. You just can't go wrong with them.

Keep up the good writing. Love it!

Kate@andwhenshesays said...

Girl, you OWN those hats!

And that's always the important thing - you've really got to own a hat to make it work. I used to be a little hesitant about them, but my attitude has changed and I've since become addicted. Running out of places to put them, honestly...

Anonymous said...

Unhealthy relationships may cause headaches, stress and a waste of your time. The cure for this is to be single. See the link below for more info.

#unhealthy
www.inspgift.com

Unknown said...

Those look interesting. Keep posting.

Pinky
www.imarksweb.org

kimchi said...

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great

www.n8fan.net