Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Om Gal Hangs With A Woodstock Legend



Last week, I had the pleasure of seeing Richie Havens perform and meeting him afterwards at the opening of the Regattabar Jazz Festival at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge, MA. (Renee Zellweger happened to be attending a simultaneously occurring event downstairs, honored as Harvard's Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year on Thursday; sad to say, I didn't cross paths with Bridget Jones). Richie and I, on the other hand, hit it off. How could we not? What with both of us being fans of President Obama and turquoise jewelry and all. If nothing else, my brush with a Woodstock great confirmed something I often believed growing up: it's possible I was born in the wrong decade. My birthday even occurred during the historic hippie music festival- alas, one decade too late.

If you could live through any other decade or era in time, which one would it be?

2 comments:

Chelsea Gwynne said...

50s! 50s soul! :)

Unknown said...

O...M....G!!!!!

Richie Havens!!!!! Next best thing to HH the Dali Lama.

"Freedom" Opening act at Woodstock - like manna from Heaven.

One of my biggest regrets ever - missing Woodstock in person. I was close, 20 y/o and in NYC - but in the grips of the US Gov (USCG training school). You would have loved living in our generation:)

And this beats the hell out of 9 miles at close to 8:00 pace - and that's saying a lot!

What a Week it Was!!!!

Keep on keepin' on Om Gal!!!

(btw, #14 was also my number one special day a long time ago:)