Sunday, January 27, 2008

When TV Isn't Mind-Numbing

"I am but ashes and dust."

"For me, the universe was created."

I pulled this pair of quotations (author unknown) from the Iconoclasts program on the Sundance Channel about a month ago, and they've been scrawled on a whiteboard in my apartment ever since. For me, these quotes capture two important sentiments. Stay humble, and be fearless, open, and optimistic.

Whatever the above statements mean to you- try to put a piece of them into action this week. What would your week look like if it was created for you? What would you do if you knew you only had a limited amount of time with which to do it?

*Please note: If these statements don't resonate with you, choose your own. Make an inspiring quote your mantra for seven days- keep it in your pocket, in your mind's eye, on the tip of your tongue, or scrawled any and everywhere that makes you take pause.

No comments: