Saturday, November 21, 2009

Quote: Make More Mistakes

If I had my life to live over again, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax. I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more trips. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones . . .

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.

-Nadine Stair

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think perhaps Nadine Stair had read some Jorge Luis Borges in her time. Randomly. He wrote it in Spanish.

Om Gal said...

Hmmm, nice work, gumshoe! Perhaps the quote was attributed to Stair incorrectly in the collection from which I got it? It tends to happen with quotes on occasion. There is a very famous one about "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate," which is often credited to Nelson Mandela; however, it's from Marianne Williamson. I'll scope this one out further. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, I'm closing my house in Boston on Nov 30. I was a yoga student of yours several ago. I appreciated your energy, humor, and sensitivity. I'll be in Boston on 11/28-12/1. Perhaps we could meet for coffee or at a cookout? There may never be an chance to meet again and I would love to see you. leena 8574927098
email l_kizilbash@live.com

Dish This! said...

I like this quote too, its similar I feel...

"I must learn to love the fool in me--the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool." -- Theodore I. Rubin, MD