Friday, July 10, 2009

Things I Dig Today . . .

This quote by Charles Bukowski: "If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods. And the nights will flame with fire."


This necklace, which I conjured up and asked my pal Lanyapi on Etsy to create, one for myself and one for my friend C. with whom I ran my first 26.2 miles, the Boston Marathon in April. Stamping the simple silver disc with the number of miles is such a simple concept but could work for so many things: a lucky number, an important date such as a birthday, wedding, or anniversary, or significant initials that make you or the gift recipient smile.

My Zensah running skirt. I wore it last week on a grey, drizzly
morning run through Southie in an attempt to summon the sunshine
after a month of grey, drizzly weather (with the occasional deluge thrown in). Mine is bright turquoise blue and feels like summer.
It also feels super comfortable- and speedy! I love it.

Though not typically a fan of shoulder stand, I'm enjoying the pose right now. Here's a cute cartoon demonstration from ABC of Yoga.




Thai fresh rolls. This isn't anything new. I could live on them. I loooooove them. Why don't you marry them, you say? Maybe I will. Yum.

2 comments:

Dish This! said...

I like that Bukowski quote a lot.

Om Gal said...

I think it must have been said first over a "life dinner," no?