Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quote: Meditation

"When we speak of meditation, it is important for you to know that this is not some weird cryptic activity, as our popular culture might have it.  It does not involve becoming some kind of zombie, vegetable, self-absorbed narcissist, navel gazer, 'space cadet,' cultist, mystic, or Eastern philosopher.  Meditation is simply about being yourself and knowing something about who that is.  It is about coming to realize that you are on a path whether you like it or not, namely, the path of your life.  Meditation may help us to see that this path we call our life has direction; that it is always unfolding, moment by moment; and that what happens now, in this moment, influences what happens next."




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we could only let one unfold.
I struggle to be away from me, for when I go in, it gets strange.
I have become an over analyzer meditator. When I finish a session my brain and body see things differently usually for the better.
Sut Lee (that used to be my mantra)

Om Gal said...

I dig. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Mental brain flosss is important for us in this tech barrage bombardment info age. It is so easy for Mad ave. to tell what and how to feel.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this!